Authorities are on the hunt for an ‘armed and harmful’ lady named Sol Pais, a Columbine-obsessed teen who allegedly made ‘threats’ days earlier than the taking pictures’s 20th anniversary. Right here’s what we all know up to now.
Denver Public faculties and virtually 20 different native college districts have been closed on April 17 as authorities went looking for 18-year-old Sol Pais, a girl reportedly “obsessed” with the Columbine bloodbath who traveled to the state head of the taking pictures’s 20th anniversary. Sol, who authorities stated was a “credible menace” to the group, is taken into account armed and “extraordinarily harmful. She was final seen within the county’s foothills, clad in a black t-shirt, camouflage pants, and black boots, in accordance with the Washington Publish. Because the police proceed their search, right here’s what’s presently identified about this case:
1. Sol is an adolescent from Surfside, Florida, who traveled to Denver. Regulation enforcement in Denver was first alerted to Pais on April 16, sooner or later after she flew from Miami to Denver. “She departed the airport and went to a retailer the place she did procure a weapon,” Dean Phillips, head of the Denver workplace of the FBI, stated. “She obtained a pump-action shotgun and ammunition. She was then taken to an space the place she was final seen out in the direction of the foothills and we’ve been looking for her ever since.”
2. She didn’t make particular threats however remains to be thought of harmful. “She did make statements that have been threatening to varsities and he or she did buy a firearm … and that’s why she’s a reputable menace,” stated Patricia Billinger, a spokeswoman with the Colorado Division of Public Security, per CNN. “Her feedback, her actions that we have now heard about from others are likely to trigger us nice concern that she could pose a menace to a college,” Dean Phillips stated.
3. She is reportedly “infatuated” with the 1999 Columbine taking pictures. April 20, 2019, will mark the 20th anniversary of the Columbine Excessive Faculty bloodbath. In 1999, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris murdered twelve college students and one trainer earlier than turning their weapons on themselves. Sol Pais, who wasn’t alive when Columbine occurred, is supposedly “infatuated” with the bloodbath. A weblog allegedly belonging to her reveals an obsession with mortality and firearms, in accordance with Heavy.com (h/t NY Publish). Below the part “to do in my lifetime,” the web page reportedly lists “self destruct, burn out, stroll away, reject apologies, fade.”
The underside of the positioning used “1999 – the nobodies” as a tagline, a attainable reference to Marilyn Manson’s track, “The Nobodies,” which is concerning the taking pictures. Authorities haven’t confirmed that the positioning belongs to Sol.
4. Her father has begged her to return house. Sol’s mother and father misplaced contact along with her on Sunday, April 14, and reported her lacking the next day. A person claiming to be her father informed the NBC 6 that he’s begging for her to return house and switch herself in. It’s like a nasty dream. We don’t know, we don’t have any thought.” A neighbor informed the Day by day Mail that her household “have rented the home for eight or 9 years, I consider they’re from Argentina. Folks go to the daddy for music classes. I’ve by no means identified any bother, no complaints. By no means seen the police there till at this time.”
5. Sol’s actions opened a wound” for the group. “It’s definitely not the primary menace we’ve had that entails Columbine Excessive Faculty,” stated Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Shrader stated on April 16. “I do know that this opens a wound, particularly on an anniversary week, for these households that have been most deeply impacted by this.” The varsity district has seen a rise in threats and regarding messages, which regularly come within the type of emails. Which means the 1,700 college students at Columbine are accustomed to lockouts.
This story is ongoing. We’ll replace the submit with any related info.