TV Chef Shantha Mayadunne and her daughter Nisanga had been two of the 207 folks killed in a horrific assault on Sri Lanka on April 21.
Sri Lanka was devastated on Easter Sunday when its resorts and church buildings had been attacked, the BBC reported. One of many lots of who’ve been reported to be killed was TV Chef Shantha Mayadunne. Study 5 issues to know in regards to the chef whose life was taken far too quickly, beneath.
1. Shantha Mayadunne died throughout an assault on Sri Lanka. Shantha and her household stayed on the Shangri-La resort, which is within the capital Colombo, and was one of many resorts attacked on April 21, in line with The Mirror.
2. Shantha had a daughter, named Nisanga Mayadunne, who was killed on the resort as nicely. The 2 had been consuming Easter breakfast collectively after they had been killed, in line with Gulf Information. Nisanga, who was round 30 years outdated in line with the Commonplace, reportedly studied on the College of London. “Nilanga was a highly regarded woman in faculty,” Radha Fonseca, 34, a buddy of Nisanga’s, instructed Gulf Information. “In addition to the truth that she was vivid and sensible, her mom Shantha Mayadume, a famend chef, made her extra standard in faculty. [Shantha] was well-respected and an inspirational chef for Sri Lankans.” Radha added, “Future has taken away each of them. I’m devastated.”
3. Shantha had been within the culinary area for 30 years. Shantha was the primary chef to have a reside tv cooking present in Sri Lanka in line with her web site – she did this on the Unbiased Tv Community. Shantha was identified in Sri Lanka for her “fast and simple cooking.” She ran the Shantha Mayadunne College of Cooking Artwork, through which she taught newbie’s courses, cake-decorating programs, and workshops to discover ways to prepare dinner Chinese language and Indian meals.
4. Shantha discovered cooking strategies around the globe. The Sri Lankan chef studied in Australia, Singapore, Thailand, India, the UK, and held an Superior Diploma from the Wilton College of Cake Making and Adorning in Chicago.
5. The chef revealed two cookbooks. Her first, “Rasa Bojun,” got here out in 2001, and her second, “Rasa Bojun – 2,” was launched in 2005.
Our ideas are with Shantha and Nisanga’s family and friends, in addition to the lots of extra affected by the assault.