It’s been a LONG season for Lauren O’Connell on ‘Survivor: Fringe of Extinction,’ however she’s fought her approach by to make it to the finale and has an actual shot to win all the factor!
Lauren O’Connell has needed to battle HARD to earn her spot within the Survivor: Fringe of Extinction finale. She began off the present on the Manu tribe, and rapidly aligned with Kelley Wentworth, who was a right away goal as a veteran participant. They finally added Dan ‘Wardog’ DaSilva to the combination, and someway made it by the primary three episodes, though Manu misplaced each problem. On the tribe swap, Lauren landed on the Lesu tribe with a number of of the Manu castaways, and survived two extra tribal councils earlier than making it to the merge. Even after her strongest allies, Kelley and Wardog, have been voted out, Lauren prevailed, and is now a finalist alongside Victora Baamonde, Gavin Whitson, Rick Devens, Julie Rosenberg, and whichever participant wins their approach again within the sport from the ‘Fringe of Extinction.’ Lauren additionally nonetheless has an immunity idol in her pocket, which she discovered throughout episode two.
1. She had a medical scare earlier this season. All through the start of the present, Lauren struggled with lack of meals on Survivor. A few of her tribemates even needed to vote her off at one level as a result of she was so sick and weak. Nonetheless, she by no means gave up. After the merge, Lauren even fainted whereas within the MIDDLE of an immunity problem. It took her a number of minutes to come-to, however as soon as she did, she was instantly able to get again within the sport. For sure, it was tremendous spectacular.
2. She’s a university athlete. Lauren performs on the ladies’s soccer crew at Baylor College. Regardless of struggling main accidents all through her first couple of years on the crew, she persevered and was an “integral half” of the crew’s run to the NCAA Elite eight in 2018.
3. She’s well-educated and has main profession aspirations. Lauren has a bachelor’s diploma in Medical Humanities main from Baylor, and plans to have a profession as a dentist sooner or later. After Survivor, she will likely be beginning dental college, and is hopeful that, if she wins the present, she’ll be capable to use the cash to pay for it. “As a dentist, I plan to alter lives by instilling confidence by stunning smiles, and successful this sport will assist me to realize this with out the burden of debilitating debt,” she stated in her Survivor bio.
4. She’s given again to her neighborhood. Lauren has carried out a ton of volunteer work in Waco, Texas. She’s labored at a Household Abuse Middle, helped facilitate victims of intercourse trafficking again into society, volunteered as a hospice employee and extra.
5. Lauren’s been a fan of the present for years. Lauren admitted in her Survivor bio that she’s been “learning the present” since no less than season two — she even named her Barbie and Ken dolls Tina and Colby, after the 2 finalists from that season!