KTLA Anchor Chris Burrous Dies After Being Discovered Unconscious at Glendale Motel


KTLA anchor Chris Burrous died Thursday afternoon after being discovered unconscious at a motel in Glendale, Calif. He was 43.

Burrous was discovered unresponsive by Glendale firefighters and died later at a hospital. Firefighters discovered him “affected by a medical emergency” in a room on the Days Inn in downtown Glendale, in line with the Glendale Police Division.

“The person was not respiration and CPR was administered as paramedics ready to move him to the hospital,” Glendale police stated in a information launch. Police had been contacted by phone at 1:14 p.m. by a person who advised them “a person he was with had handed out and was probably not respiration.”

Police stated the caller indicated that Burrous “had probably overdosed.” No different data was disclosed in regards to the caller or particulars of what was discovered on the scene. Police are awaiting a Los Angeles County Coroner’s Workplace report for a willpower on the reason for loss of life.

“Chris liked sharing the tales of Southern California and connecting with our viewers,” stated KTLA president-general supervisor Don Corsini and information director Jason Ball in a press release. “He will probably be remembered as an awesome journalist and a beautiful buddy to many. He introduced a kindness to his work and will probably be deeply missed by the complete KTLA household.”

Burrous had been a daily on KTLA’s air since 2011. He was co-anchor of the weekend version of “KTLA Morning Information” and likewise served as a information correspondent for different KTLA telecasts. Burrous was not too long ago a part of the KTLA crew that coated the state’s devastating wildfires final month and the mass capturing at Thousand Oaks’ Borderline Bar & Grill.

Burrous was additionally identified for his “Burrous Bites” section spotlighting native eateries, and for his “Made in California” collection of experiences on native companies.

Burrous got here to Tribune Media’s KTLA after serving as an anchor for Tribune’s WPIX-TV New York. He started his broadcasting profession whereas attending Chapman College in Orange County. He labored for radio stations in San Bernardino and San Jose earlier than seguing to TV as a night anchor on KEVN-TV, the Fox affiliate in Speedy Metropolis, South Dakota.

From South Dakota Burrous returned to California in 1999 as an anchor for KGET-TV in Bakersfield and later labored for KGPE-TV in Fresno. He then spent six years within the Golden State’s capital as anchor for KMAX-TV’s “Good Day Sacramento.”

Burrous met his spouse, Mai Do-Burrous, at KGET the place she additionally labored as a journalist. The couple married in 2003. Burrous, who lived within the Porter Ranch space of the San Fernando Valley, moved to KTLA after a 12 months at WPIX-TV as a result of he needed his daughter to develop up near his household.

Along with his spouse, Burrous’ survivors embrace the couple’s 9-year-old daughter, Isabella.

Burrous’ colleagues at KTLA and different native stations remembered him as a heat, humorous and gifted broadcaster. His “Morning Information” co-anchor Lynette Romero tweeted a current image the 2 snapped throughout a industrial break. KTLA stalwart Sam Rubin praised Burrous’ potential to attach with viewers.

Spread the love