Grant Thompson, founding father of ‘The King of Random’ YouTube channel, left behind greater than 11 million subscribers after passing away from a ‘paragliding accident.’ Right here’s what you must know in regards to the thrill-seeker.
Grant Thompson’s physique was reportedly discovered after embarking on a paragliding journey on July 29. His brother Mark broke this unhappy information to TMZ, and his household additionally confirmed that the founding father of “The King of Random” YouTube channel was simply 38 years previous after dying from the “paragliding accident.” The Washington County Sheriff’s Workplace added that it acquired a report about an “overdue paraglider” who went off-course close to Utah’s Sand Hole State Park on Monday, and GPS knowledge led a helicopter to Grant’s physique “that evening.” Paragliding tools and a video recording system was discovered, and Grant’s explanation for demise continues to be being decided whereas his household is being briefed, TMZ reported.
Grant’s demise was additionally introduced through an “In Memoriam” video on his YouTube channel, which had amassed greater than 11 million subscribers on the time of his demise. “It’s with nice unhappiness to tell everybody that Grant Thompson handed away final evening,” the video’s caption learn. “Grant had nice love and appreciation for his followers. We invite you to share your ideas for Grant and the channel within the feedback. Please do a random act of affection or kindness immediately in honor of The King of Random. Grant’s legacy will dwell on within the channel and the worldwide neighborhood he created.” Right here’s what you must know by the Web character that’s now being grieved by many on YouTube.
1. Grant’s YouTube channel uploads movies about “life hacks, experiments, and random weekend tasks,” based on its “About” web page. The channel went dwell in 2010, and it has since climbed to the 331st most subscribed channel on YouTube as of July 30. Two new personalities (Nate and Calli) have taken over internet hosting duties in current uploads, however Grant made appearances in movies like “Thriller Puzzle Field & Gum Wrapper Hearth Starters” (Feb. 2019) and “Grant Likes To Make Hearth” (Nov. 2018).
2. Grant began his paragliding passion not that lengthy earlier than his demise. His brother mentioned the YouTube star solely obtained into the acute sport “round 5 months in the past” whereas talking with TMZ.
3. The YouTuber beloved “airborne actions” and beforehand labored as an airline pilot. Mark added that Grant was passionate for actions that put him within the air (i.e. skydiving and flying) in his interview with TMZ. That is smart, contemplating that he labored as an airline pilot for 11 years earlier than quitting to deal with his YouTube channel full-time!
4. Grant additionally labored in actual property. At one level the YouTuber was renting out 11 homes along with shopping for and promoting homes, which he revealed in a 2017 interview with Mediakix.
5. The YouTuber created his channel out of a love for tinkering. The tasks on “The King of Random” don’t have any particular area of interest, simply as its identify suggests — that’s as a result of Grant was interested in all the pieces! “I simply began tinkering and studying about how the world works, which was impressed form of by the concept of the Nice Recession from the housing collapse. I used to be studying about issues. I began making movies on YouTube exhibiting individuals what I used to be tinkering with and what I used to be arising with,” he advised Mediakix.