What’s new, pussycat? Francesca Hayward is the contemporary face in ‘Cats’ amid a star-studded forged that features Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson and Idris Elba, however she is already one among Britain’s most well-known ballerinas!
4 thrilling phrases flashed throughout the display screen within the new Cats trailer, which dropped on July 17: “and introducing Francesca Hayward.” It was a grand introduction certainly, particularly for somebody who has by no means starred in a movie and is now showing on the large display screen with Taylor Swift and Idris Elba! The 27-year-old ballerina earned numerous display screen time within the sneak peek clip as Victoria, one of many most important Jellicle Cats within the Broadway-turned-film musical. The snowy feline dazzled on display screen as she did pirouettes, leapt within the air and danced throughout the junkyard. However these versatile limbs are already well-known in Francesca’s trade — right here’s what it’s best to know concerning the newcomer!
1. Francesca is a principal dancer in London’s The Royal Ballet. The English dancer holds the very best rank in Britain’s largest ballet firm, a tremendous feat! She has carried out in numerous productions, taking up the roles of Clara and The Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker, Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, and Princess Aurora and Princess Florine in Sleeping Magnificence. And that’s simply scratching the floor.
2. Regardless of being in a musical, the gifted dancer doesn’t contemplate herself an expert singer! Victoria’s position principally requires years of ballet coaching, a requirement that Francesca clearly checks off. “That is very surreal for somebody who doesn’t sing in public, to out of the blue be singing with Jennifer Hudson,” Francesca gushed in a behind-the-scenes clip from Cats, which she shared to Instagram on July 16.
3. Francesca is a extremely adorned ballerina. As anticipated, Francesca’s climb to principal dancer was preceded by many awards.Whereas representing The Royal Ballet, she gained “Finest Rising Artist” in 2014 and the Grishko Award For Finest Feminine Dancer in 2016 on the Critics’ Circle Nationwide Dance Awards. Even earlier than becoming a member of the skilled ranks, Francesca racked up many awards throughout her time as a scholar at The Royal Ballet Faculty between 2003 and 2011, such because the 2010 Younger British Dancer of the Yr award.
4. Francesca designed a collaboration with lululemon. In Oct. 2018, Francesca launched a dancer-friendly assortment with the favored activewear model.
5. Francesca was born in Kenya. Earlier than establishing her roots in England, Francesca was born in Nairobi, Kenya in 1992 (her mom is Kenyan, and her father English). Two years later, she moved in along with her grandparents in West Sussex, which is situated within the south of England.